Sunday, March 21, 2010

RAFTING THE RIO AZUL



I saw Kayja fall into the water in front of me and then I felt myself falling in too. I felt the freezing water as I splashed in and I caught my breath. The water was sooo cold I felt it would freeze me! I popped to the surface easily because of my life jacket and saw a raft falling towards me but just as I thought the boat was going to fall on me the current pulled me down stream. I saw Kayja in front of me being pulled in to another raft I soon got pulled in too.

This was one of our last days out on the river, in the Futaleufu valley. It was probably one of my favorite days too! The Rio Azul is one of the many tributaries of the Futaleufu. The Rio Azul’s rapids were mostly class 2 to 3 and it was a really fun river!!! Kayja, Sasha, me, and our guide Jorge, rafted the river in a mini-me which is a blow-up raft but a lot smaller. I have been rafting since I was little, but this was my first time in a mini-me so it was a real treat!!!
That was one of my all time favorite river trips that I have ever gone on.

Big thanks to the river guides and cooks who helped make the trip even more fun!!!

Totally, Stoodles (Skye)

No comments:

Post a Comment